Friday, February 10, 2017

Shizen Ramen: a startup that's eager to serve excellent ramen

About a month ago, I went to Marikina with my barkada. We came across this discreet restaurant near Gil Fernando, Marikina. This ramen joint is a start-up from a student who conceptualized the business. He believed that opening a ramen restaurant would help him graduate as well as earn funds for his livelihood. 

He completely conceptualized the interiors and the menu of his shop; and even imported them from abroad. I must say that the interiors were pretty brand new, albeit uncleaned at the time.

Initially I didn't expect much from this since it was pretty new and pretty small. However, my expectations were shattered when he showed us his incredible cooking skills and delectable ingredients. I must say that his ramen was top notch given that he was only a startup.

I tried out the Yakuza ramen variant. It was a a deliciously spicy big bowl of beef ramen with black mushroom, beansprouts, tofu, and chili. It was truly satisfying to my palate since I requested it to be insanely spicy. The spicy sauce was high class; and the hot broth only made it event more palatable. The ramen was quite challenging to finish due to the spiciness, the size, and the hot broth; but eventually I succeeded in my goal. For Php 189, the ramen was ultra-cheap given the high quality of the aforementioned ingredients and the humungous serving size. I'd say that this can feed two to three people. Except that i can eat as much as 2-3 people.

The excellent ramen was supplemented by a generous helping of their gyoza. The dumplings were well-cooked; and the meat was well-stocked in every niche of the wrapper. I love the fact that it blended well with the black vinegar sauce for a meaty, stocky flavor.

The place may not look like much. Plus the area is quite hidden. But I urge the consuming public to give this startup a try. You will really be amazed at the place and the good food.



















Shizen Ramen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment