Friday, October 14, 2016

7 Flavors: Chef Boy Logro's buffet restaurant in Greenhills.



Aldous Calubad once again invited me to a food event. This time, the restaurant was 7 flavors in Greenhills. The venue is owned by celebrity Chef Boy Logro, a veteran in the dining industry. To date, this is his second restaurant. The term 7 flavors is used to refer to the seven flavors used in tasting and cooking food, notably umami. The food is served buffet style, with favorites from different Asian cuisines used as viands in the table. The buffet is offered for Php 500 for lunch and Php 600 for dinner, including drinks and dessert. We went there for dinner.

The pictures below show my experience in the restaurant. 

The viand selection included:


The chicken mole had this thick sauce that accentuated the meaty flavor.


While I wasn't a fan of salmon head, I enjoyed the mushrooms that came along with it.


I'm not a fan of tofu, but I tried it out. It was pretty decent.


As a meat eater, I can say that the dish catered to my preferences. The sauce was a bit too sour though.


The kare-kare was fine. Nothing too special.


This mix of seafood was pretty decent. I like the spicy sauce that came with it.


The vegetables were a bit dry. However, these were still pretty tasty.


The make your own taco selection. I personally loved this part. The ingredients, particularly the beef, were pretty flavorful. The tacos reminded me of the ones I used to buy when I was younger.



The salad bar. The vegetables were served fresh.


The lechon macau and pusit were the dishes I enjoyed the most.



The house staple is carved roast beef. The beef is quite remarkable with hot gravy. 


Ah lots of sushi!


The dessert area had filipino favorites such as bibingka, suman, and puto. I personally liked the cookies and the ice cream. 


7 Flavors is located at 196 A. Mabini, San Juan, Philippines.

Photos courtesy of aldousatetheworld.com
7Flavors Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment